What is Pi Tau Sigma?
Pi Tau Sigma is an International Mechanical Engineering Honor Society.
Objectives of Pi Tau Sigma:
- Encourage and recognize superior scholarship
- Foster the high ideals of the engineering profession
- Stimulate interest in coordinate departmental activities
- Promote the mutual professional welfare of its members
- Develop in students of mechanical engineering the attributes necessary for effective leadership
- Taking up the responsibilities of a citizen living in a democracy
Preamble of the Constitution of the Pi Tau Sigma Honor Society:
In order to establish a closer bond of fellowship which will result in mutual benefit to those men and women in the study and in the profession of mechanical engineering, who by their academic or practical achievements, manifest a real interest and marked ability in their chosen work, this constitution of the National Mechanical Engineering Honor Society was established.
Who is eligible to become a member:
Junior level Mechanical Engineering students in the top 25% of their class & non-graduating Seniors in the top 35% of their class. Those eligible will be contacted near the start of the semester in which they first qualify. A list of eligible students is available here.